*This course is presented in-person or remote.
This 2-day course is designed to prepare the newly promoted Sergeant or Lieutenant to better serve the officers in their command.
This course will provide concepts and tactics of solid leadership and mentoring practices:
- The Critical Shift
- The rigors of leadership
- Leading as an executive
- How to help employees overcome deficits
- Dealing with a difficult employee
- Interpersonal relationships
- Setting standards
- Enforcing guidelines with compassion
- Setting and monitoring standards and expectations
- Leading and managing crisis situations and critical incidents
The course will emphasize situational analysis as a supervisor. Supervisors will also be instructed how to handle: shift responsibilities, citizen complaints, uniform inspections, documentation practices, employee reviews. Segments will be given on presentations, training, conducting a proper briefing and MOI practices and public relations.